Friday, May 1, 2009

Butterfly Day

"A butterfly lights besides us like a sunbeam. And for a brief moment its glory and beauty belongs to the world. 
But then it flies once again, and though we wish it could have stayed, we feel so lucky to have seen it."

As you release this butterfly in honor of me, know that I'm with you and will always be. Hold a hand, say a prayer, close your eyes and see me there. Although you may feel a bit torn apart, please know that I'll be forever in your heart. Now fly away butterfly as high as you can go, I'm right there with you more than you know.
By Jill Haley


Zoe's Grandpa Herb passed away the Friday after Thanksgiving last year.  My Dad works for a local hospice that had a butterfly release on April 18th to honor lost loved ones over the last year.  He invited Zoe and Shane to come out and release a butterfly in honor of Grandpa Herb.  I made a little slide show of the pictures from that day.  Shane and Zoe spent the morning with PaPaw.  They went out to breakfast and then headed to the ceremony in Dallas. Before the ceremony they had a little time to waste, so they played at the park where the ceremony was held.  That's were all the animal pictures come from.  Zoe was a little intimidated by the butterflies at first, so some of her faces in pictures are priceless.  Hope everyone enjoys the pictures.  It sure was a great way to honor Grandpa Herb's memory.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Butterfly Day 09
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

2 comments:

  1. What a neat way to remember loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! It is a beautiful way to remember friends and loved ones. I love the quote and the introduction. That is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete