Friday, April 3, 2009

Rotten Applesauce

On Tuesday, Zoe got to sleep in because she went to the orchestra concert at my school on Monday night to see all the kids playing their violins.  This is a really big deal, because her Daddy aka Pops was taking her to school instead of me.  I got up and fixed her lunch as usual, but added in a special treat...flavored applesauce.  Well lets just say that didn't go over too well.  When she got her lunch at school, and the teacher opened her applesauce for her they decided it was expired.  Zoe told her teacher, 
"That's OK...It must have been fine when my Daddy put it in my lunch, but he had to drive to school really slow this morning because he got stuck in traffic.  It must have expired on the way here."
Her teacher was so impressed with her excuse and made sure to share it with us when we picked her up.  She's already looking out for us, and there will be no more flavored applesauce in the school lunch box!

3 comments:

  1. That is too funny. Your daughter sounds very clever. I don't think there will be any applesauce in my future either for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I teach Kindergarten and have laughable momments like this all day! :) How adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! Tell Pops he need to leave a bit earlier so her applsauce wont expire if they get caught in traffic again.

    ReplyDelete